Sunday, November 4, 2012

Operation Agent Ink - Intro

I am taking a short detour to participate in Operation Agent Ink, an exciting opportunity filled with workshops and the chance to pitch to agents based on their wish lists come February 2013.

BIG THANK YOU to Operation Agent Ink for providing this fabulous, free opportunity for writers!!!

Throughout the next few months, I will add posts regarding the progress of my writing and the workshops.

My project: Soul Keeper (heretoafter known as SK)
An urban fantasy with romantic elements blending Chinese mythology and Buddhist theology, Soul Keeper explores the quest of two gods who left heaven to end the suffering of souls.

Workshop 1: Word Count
I've targeted 80k-100k for my stories recently.  Most days, my stories balloon to 100k easily.  These days I try to keep to the minimum.

Inspiration and Edits Day 1: Conflict
This reminds me of the GMC from Debra Dixon.  (Note: if you haven't read the book, it may be worth a look.)  This is a constant work in progress in my writing and I will continue to look for it SK.

Revisions Day 1: Character Revamps
We are reminded that all characters must go through a change.

My hero is driven by his guilt for his complicity in losing her heroine's soul.  My heroine is driven to accept her divinity as a way to escape her mundane life.  Thus begins the book.

Workshop 2: Rough Outline
I vacillate on this one.  I write and write and as the story runs away from me, I outline.  I have begun to outline more over the years and it is very helpful to structure.  But it isn't for everyone.  I will be exploring this more for SK.


No comments:

Post a Comment